This is the instructor’s resource site for ENCE 3610, Soil Mechanics, at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
Textbooks and other course references for Free Download
- Soil Mechanics, NAVFAC DM 7.02
- Arnold Verruijt, Soil Mechanics (online book is a little different from book in print)
- Basics of Foundation Design, Bengt Fellenius, Electronic Edition, February 2015
- YouTube Channel for Foundations
- Mathematical Resources (because everybody needs help in math)
- Blessed are the Merciful: I keep getting requests to “go light” on the grading. This is how I did it myself.
- My Thoughts on Sleeping in Class
- When the Pathfinder Gets Lost: some students like to “follow the lead” of someone else to get the course work done. That can have negative results other than those described in the syllabus, just like this example
- Taking the Last Voyage with Newton and Pascal: many of you will recognise the name of Saint-Venant from mechanics of materials, but here’s another side of his life and work. With comment from former department head.
- What’s Really Important When You Hit the Field
- The Two Promises I Made to Myself
- Lessons from the Cotter Bridge
- Mirroring Our Creator