This is the instructor’s resource site for ENCE 4610, Foundation Design and Analysis, at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Use subject to the terms and conditions of this site.
- Syllabus Fall 2022
- Other Reference Material
- YouTube Channel for Foundations
- My Profile on Meet the Prof
- Is the Best Place to Run Old Windows Software…on Linux or a Mac? Since some of you come to the table armed with a Mac, then discover it won’t run Windows software, this is for you.
- N.A. Tsytovich, Soil Mechanics
Course Materials: the topics, the textbook portions, and the links to videos, slides and other materials (can be more than one per topic)
- My Review for the FE Exam Civil/Geotechnical Section
- Mathematical Resources (because everybody needs help in math)
- The stuff you should have learned (or forgotten) from Statics
- Blessed are the Merciful: I keep getting requests to “go light” on the grading. This is how I did it myself.
- My Thoughts on Sleeping in Class
- In Search of the Lost Movado. Bar hopping has consequences.
- Who’s This Idiot? That’s Me! It’s easy to get trapped in the system.
- When the Pathfinder Gets Lost: some students like to “follow the lead” of someone else to get the course work done. That can have negative results other than those described in the syllabus, just like this example
- Taking the Last Voyage with Newton and Pascal: many of you will recognise the name of Saint-Venant from mechanics of materials, but here’s another side of his life and work. With comment from former department head.
- What’s Really Important When You Hit the Field
- The Two Promises I Made to Myself
- Lessons from the Cotter Bridge
- Mirroring Our Creator
- A Fistful of Yuan–my experience in China
40 thoughts on “Foundation Design and Analysis”