The completely revised TAMWAVE program is now available. The goal of this project is to produce a free, online set of routines which analyse driven piles for axial and lateral load-deflection characteristics and drivability by the wave equation. The program is not intended for commercial use but for educational purposes, to introduce students to both the wave equation and methods for estimating load-deflection characteristics of piles in both axial and lateral loading.
We have a series of posts which detail the theory behind and workings of the program:
- TAMWAVE: Pile Toe Resistance, and Some More on Pile Shaft Resistance
- TAMWAVE 1: Entering Basic Soil and Pile Properties
- TAMWAVE 2: Modifying the Soil Properties
- TAMWAVE 3: Basic Results of Pile Capacity Analysis
- TAMWAVE 4: Shaft Resistance Profile, ALP and CLM2
- TAMWAVE 5: Wave Equation Analysis, Overview and Initial Entry
- TAMWAVE 6: Results of Wave Equation Analysis
- TAMWAVE 7: Analysis for a Cohesive Soil
This program replaces the original routine which was originally written in 2005 and updated in 2010. The documentation for that effort is here.